Friday, January 28, 2011

Collectible Minifigure Series


Look a new post all ready!

I want to talk about the new Collectible Minifigure Series that Lego has out. These are sets of 16 unique minifigures that boast new figure designs and at least a new element. The torso, hair, faces and accessories can only be found in these sets. The fun little gimmick is that these minifigures are sold separately in opaque mylar bags. The idea is that you are not supposed to know what figure you are getting and can lead to multiples of figure before you complete the set of 16. Of course there are ways around that.

I think this is a great idea for Lego. You know there will be people out there trying to complete the set of 16 and buying as many as they need to do it. Lego fans have also been buying complete boxes of 60 just to get as many as they can.

Currently these are on the third series. I first got to see these at last years BBTB convention. I wasn't too into them at the time. So series 1 and 2 went by and I didn't jump on them. When series 3 rumors started showing up and what new figures were going to be in it, I got excited. Mainly because of this guy:



I am a fan of all the Lord of the Rings books and a huge fan of the castle/ Forestmen themes that Lego has. So this dude was a must for my future mocs. So how do I get these? Luckily I have a coworker who is into collecting these figures. So when he got the option to pre-order a box of 60 for series 3 I went halfsies and am now the proud owner of all 16 figures plus 3 elves!

Pictures of series 4 are out and they look even better then previous series. My coworker has all ready placed an order for the box of 60. Again, I might go halfsies to get this. I'm still mulling over it, though that hazmat suit guy is very tempting.

Series 4


I highly recommend these awesome figures. If you can get your hands on some, go for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment