Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Catch Up.

I've been sorting and organizing my new bulk Lego purchase and slowly putting everything away. Through my sorting I came across a few undiscovered sets. I had mentioned the ones that used the 9v battery box, but I found a hidden gem amongst the rubble.

5580 - Highway Rig, released in 1986, is one of the more popular Model Team sets. It comes with a full 10 wheel base and plenty of detail to look at. The hood flips forward to reveal the engine. It's a rather large and interesting build. It is the predecessor to the famous 5571 - Giant Truck which when released in 1996 was the largest themed Lego set ever made. It held that title until TLC (The Lego Company) released the Star Wars UCS and Sculptures series in 2000/ 2001. 5571 didn't come with a full 10 wheel base and is considered its biggest flaw by many.

My 5580 set is missing a few pieces and 6 of the tires, but it is still able to be built and is fun to look at.

I think that all the sets that I want to build from this lot have been found; the rest have been sorted and stored in my 39 bin units. I will be posting more of my final sorting/ storing this weekend. Maybe I will finally get a picture of my whole collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment