Wednesday, February 4, 2009

My New Sets!

As I have been going through my recent purchase of bulk Lego, I came across quite a few unique pieces. As I mentioned in this post I like to take out any peice that looks like it "belongs" somewhere. It's hard to describe, but you know when you found a piece that just looks like it should be in a set.

A few of those pieces were:

Turns out that first piece is a siren. I found two, one black and one white. They are part of the electric series from the early 90's and late 80's. Along with the sirens I found 3 9v battery boxes, and many electric lights. These are the sets that are in that bulk purchase; missing instructions and may not be 100% complete:

6481 - Light & Sound Construction Crew
6440 - Jetport Fire Squad
6780 - Light & Sound XT - Starship

The next piece is a shock absorber. I found 4 in that lot and thought that they went to a car or something. Turns out this is the set they go to:

6933 - Spectral Starguider

The last piece is a large 6 x 6 x 9 panel. I found 2 and they go to this set:

6396 - International Jetport

The only set out of these 5 that I tried to build was the Jetport. Turns out that I'm only missing 2 pieces for it. I can't wait to try and build the other sets. Again, none of these sets had instructions in the lot; the only way I found them was by tracking down pieces on peeron.com. My sorting has been put on hold for a bit while I play. No harm in that, right?

BTW, I tried out all the electric elements I found with a 9v battery; they all work! The sirens are great. One makes town sounds and one makes space sounds. When I get them all put together I will post some pictures.


No comments:

Post a Comment